Greetings parents and students and welcome to the 2010 – 2011 school year! The 2010 Walk A Thon kicks off today….and this is our primary fund-raiser for our school. This translates into: WE WON’T ASK YOU FOR MONEY TO SUPPORT THE STUDENT/FAMILY/LEARNING ACTIVITIES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR~
For those who wonder what your money would fund, the list includes (and is not limited to) the following:
- Parent Child Activites (Mother/Son; Father/Daughter)
- Secret Santa Shop/School Carnival
- Field Trips (one trip per student is funded every year)
- Books for our school library
- Framing for our school art collection (student art work)
- PE/ART/Music Support
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- If funds are available, stipends for classroom learning materials.
- And….much, much more!
Our goal is to have ALL students participate and for each to strive for a personal goal of raising at least $25.
To make participation easy for everyone, we are holding this event during the day– students can walk, jog, or run around the course. All participants will receive water and a nut-free/milk free snack after the event.
This year, the schedules are as follows:
Wednesday, September 29th: 9:45 – 11:15
- Morning ECSE, PK, K, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
Thursday, September 30th: 1:45 – 3:15
- Afternoon ECSE, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
All participants who collect over $25 will win a special prize and will be entered into a raffle for more exciting prizes which include a Wii, a Great Wolf Lodge package, a Hudsonville Gold card and a Pool Party Afternoon at Mrs. Reagan’s Pool! (And…even though Mrs. Reagan is typing this and is really biased, the pool party was a blast!)
Also, the class who collectively raises the most money will be treated to a pizza party!
Here are some days to remember:
- September 13 – Kickoff of the event
- September 28th – Completed donation forms and money due back to the school
- September 29th and 30th – Walk A Thon takes place
- Mid October – Prizes are awarded
As always, we encourage parents to attend the event to cheer on the students. We are still looking for volunteers to help on the day of the event, so if you are able to help, please contact Jodi Royse at 616-610-4306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us to make this event a HUGE success!!!