As part of their community service project, Georgetown Elementary Girls on the Run raised more than $400 for Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. Through bake sales, garage sales, pop can drives, allowance donations and more, these girls amazed us with their generosity, energy and dedication to others. A big thank you to everyone who participated! With the money raised, Girls on the Run was able to purchase ALL the items below for children in the hospital:
· Books for Infants/Toddlers · DVDs · Athletic Balls
· Sports Equipment · Water Bottles and Lunch Boxes
· Games · Journals · Puzzles · Healthy Snacks and Drinks
· Scrap booking supplies; paper, photo books, stickers, etc.
· Distraction Toys · PS2 Controller · Games (E Rated) for PS2 and XBox
· Lights and Sounds Toddler Toys · Craft Supplies · CD’s
· Nintendo DS Games · Nintendo DS Game System · Child Friendly Headphones
And, in addition to this community service work, the girls trained for 10 weeks to race in a 5K run. They truly are amazing in every single way. Many thanks to Jennifer Waters and Elly Bainbridge for coaching this amazing group of girls.