Posted on

October Has Arrived!

Mr. Jurewicz and Mr. Kooiker…pre-dunking photo!

Our fifth week of school welcomes in the month of October.  The weather will be beautiful which means another week of outdoor recess and if all goes well, outdoor PE classes.  We love it when our playground is dry and we can enjoy Michigan fall weather.

Thank you to everyone who supported our TREK for TECH walkathon this past week.  I should know the total earnings by FRIDAY of this week….along with the names of all the winners.  As soon as I have any news to share, I will broadcast it on the blog!

If you attended the HEF activities before the homecoming game on Friday, you were able to see Mr. Kooiker and Mr. Jurewicz get dunked by some amazing Georgetown kids.  I have added photos to our slideshow which runs all the time (on the right sidebar).  You’ll find photos of them dry and wet–along with a few photos of the kids who managed to send them for a swim.

The week ahead brings fire safety classes for grades kindergarten and fourth.  Firefighter Al and his officers will bring their trucks and gear to help us learn important strategies for being safe at home and at school.

We also have another Pizza Night competition—this week being Jet’s.  Order a pizza on Tuesday and remember to give your child’s class name (teacher name).  The class with the most pizza’s purchased will win a pizza lunch at school.

Here’s to a great week!

Mrs. Reagan

Splash goes Mr. Jurewicz! Good Arm, Jack Uhlig!