Posted on

A New Year Calendar Year: 2013

We began our school year on September 4, 2012.   The new calendar year helps us kick off the second part of our school year and I have a feeling that 2013 will be full of good things!

I hope your holidays were filled with good times and magical memories.  My only disappointment was the lack of snow for all sledders, skiers, snowboarders, snowball throwers, etc.

As we kick the year off, I would like to remind you to keep your children home if they are ill — especially if they have a fever.  The Health Department is reporting higher than normal cases of the flu for this time of the year.  If your child has any of the following symptoms fever, cough, sore throat, headache, muscle/body aches, diarrhea PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME.  P L E A S E.

• If your child has any of these symptoms before going to bed, plan to keep your child home.
  • If your child wakes up with these symptoms but begs to go to school, keep your child home.
  • Finally, your child must be free of any of these symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
Why am I being such a stickler about this?  Because we have had many, many sick kids at school this year.  Sick kids at school spread germs to healthy kids and staff — and the exposure continues to increase.   The influenza virus is very serious.    And…remember…it is not too late to get flu shots.  For more information about the flu vaccine and prevention tips, go to the health department website stickittotheflu.com.
Here’s to a great week of learning as we kick off 2013 at Georgetown!
Mrs. Reagan