News from the office….
Happy November!! Halloween is done and Christmas music is on the radio! Talk about scary!! The Halloween parties went well and the kids had a great time! Thank you again to all the parents that were here to help out! The first book fair also was a huge success! Thanks to Jody Hunt for all the time she put in to organizing it and also to the parents that stepped up to the plate to make the event possible. Parent teacher conferences also went well and the meal the parents provided for this was GREATLY appreciated!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
News from Food Service….
SNOW DAY PROCEDURE FOR HOT LUNCH ~ With snow just around the corner, the food service program would like to remind parents and students about what will happen if school is closed due to weather. If the district is closed, the menu that was supposed to be served on the snow day will be moved to the next school day. An example: if school is canceled on Tuesdaydue to weather, Tuesday’s menu will be served on Wednesday and the menu that was scheduled for Wednesday will be completely canceled. Because of our computer lunch account system, there will be no need to issue credits and your student will still be able to order a lunch if they need one. The only exception to this policy is if school is canceled on Friday. In this case, Friday’smenu will be completely canceled and we will continue with the regular menuon Monday. Information on what menu will be served on the day you return will be available on Twitter or the foodservice web page at www.jenhudfood.org. Please feel free to contact the food service department at 457-2400 if you have any questions or are unsure of what the menu will be. Stacey L. Wykoski, Food Service Director
News from PTC….
- Come to the next PTC meeting on November 13 in the library and hear about the great things going on and how you can get involved!!
- The winner of the Box Tops competition is……… Mr. Bowen’s class! The whole school collected a total of 13,593 box tops so we made $1,359.30 for the school!! Way to go!!
- The next Marco’s Pizza night is November 19. Mark it down on the calendar and help support Georgetown!
- If you still want to do any book fair shopping, you can shop online at scholastic.com/fair until Nov. 15. All of the proceeds from the online sales will still benefit Georgetown elementary!
Girls on the Run….
All of the girls in grades 3-5 are invited to participate in the national program, GIRLS ON THE RUN. Girls on the Run uses running as a tool to teach girls about physical, emotional, mental and social health. Information regarding registration and fees arrived home last week. To find out more about Girls on the Run and registration please visit the GOTR site at www.GOTROAC.ORG
New this year- ONLINE REGISTRATION! Registration opens: November 1st, 2014 at 9am , Registration closes: November 30th, 2014 at midnight
November 19 Jamestown Elementary will be hosting an Open House for all of Hudsonville schools from 3:40pm-6:00pm.
News from Music….
Mark the date on your calendar! Tuesday, December 2 is when you get to hear the kids sing their hearts out at the Christmas Program. It is at Fairhaven starting at 6:30 with K – 2nd grade and 7:45 for 3rd – 5th grade.
News from PE….
The Annual PE CARES food drive will begin November. 5 We are asking for donations of canned or non-perishable food items between Nov. 5 and Nov. 20. We will collect these items and give them to a local ministry for distribution in the Hudsonville area. The class that brings in the most items will receive a PE CARES t-shirt and a special bowling field trip with their physical education teacher. Please bring your donations to your physical education class beginning November 5 through November 20. Thank you for your help and support in this community service project, and for taking this opportunity to teach our kids compassion and love for others!!
DARE TO CARE!
- We have a wonderful organization in our area that is able and willing to help families in need during the Holiday season. The organization is Love In the Name of Christ. I am attaching all of the information you will need to sign up to participate in the assistance. PLEASE make note that there are DEADLINES to sign up. . For CHRISTMAS assistance it is FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14. If you are aware of a family that could use assistance, please feel free to pass on the attached forms. The applications are also available at the Love INC office (Monday through Friday 9 am – 4 pm), 3300 Van Buren, Hudsonville, or on our website: loveinthenameofchrist.org. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Karla Veldink, Project Coordinator, email@example.com or at 616-662-3300 X130. 2014 Christmas Application
- Do you want that extra piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving day? Come to Evergreen Ministries Thanksgiving day Gobble Hobble 5k and you will have no guilt over eating extra anything. Evergreen Ministries is hosting a Thanksgiving day Gobble Hobble 5k race to raise funds to the high school summer mission trip. Pre race fee is $25 and race day fee is $35. Registration is happening now and packets can be picked up from 7-7:45 am on November 27th at EGM. Race starts at 8:00am. All are welcome as is to the 10:00 Thanksgiving day service. Contact Rebecca Steigenga firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or go to egm.org to register.
Kids love the Grand Rapids Symphony!
Each year the GR Symphony presents a variety of concerts geared just for kids and families. With low prices and programming that is a feast for eyes and ears, there is something to excite everyone about great music played by our Grammy-Nominated orchestra!
HOT OF THE PRESSES! We are thrilled to announce that we have just added the amazing performers from Cirque de la Symphonie to our fall Family Series Concert on November 22. These gifted acrobatic artists will be paired with student artwork to tell the story of Stravinsky’sFirebird!
For more information on this and all of the kid-friendly programs that the GR Symphony offers, be sure to check out our 14-15 Symphony Kids brochure!
Link to our On-line Symphony Kids brochure
It is that time of year again! Its the 21st Annual Hudsonville Holiday Parade on November 22 at 10am, presented by the City of Hudsonville & the Hudsonville Area Chamber of Commerce.
Come celebrate this festive time close to home. The parade route runs along 32nd Ave from Highland Drive to Central Blvd. The parade route ends at the Hudsonville Fire station on Central Blvd., but the fun doesn’t end there. Join us and your neighbors at the Fire Station for hot beverages, snacks, Santa and the Reindeer, and fun activities immediately following the parade.
Any questions? Contact Michelle Fare email@example.com or call 669-0200
Community Ed Offerings….
We still have openings in the latest Lego class at your child’s school. Kids across the district are loving these classes!
Join us for fun as we build with LEGO bricks, motors, and more. Everything construction related like power drills, dump trucks, and more. Kids will use their imaginations as they learn about the importance tools play in the area of construction while building working models.
Georgetown Elementary – 11/11 – 12/2 – Tuesdays
South Elementary 11/10 – 12/1 – Mondays
Grades: 1- 5
Cost: $52 for 4 week class
Time: 3:50 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
These are some other classes being offered……Babysitting, Boys Basketball, Gymnastics, Dance & More Camps, Home Alone, Home Alone/Babysitting Combo, Lego – Bricks4Kidz,Tae Kwon Do, Tennis Lessons, Wrestling, Young Rembrandts – Fall
PE Cares Nov. 10 – 20
PTC Meeting Thur Nov. 13 6:30-7:30
Marcos Pizza Night Wed Nov. 19
Jump with Jill Assembly Tues Nov. 25
Thanksgiving Break Nov. 26 – 30
Holiday Program Tues Dec. 2
Holiday Gift Shop Dec. 3 – 5