Posted on

Front Lot and Parent Pick Up Reminder

I know that this is a repetitive post, but just like reminders we are giving our students about lockers, walking in hall, etc., it’s also time to tweak rules for the parking lot.

coneAs you know, NO CARS can park in FRONT LOOP at the end of the day 3pm – 3:50.  We have a bus that uses this loop every day.   After the bus leaves, parents are welcome to use the loop.  However, YOU MUST WAIT until the bus leaves.  Yesterday, we had three parents enter the loop and park in front of the bus.  PLEASE do not do this.  Because all of the staff are busy dismissing kids, it is difficult for one of us to monitor the LOOP which is why I ask parents to remember this rule.  I have given the bus driver permission to approach parents to move their cars but this requires her to leave children unattended to talk to drivers of cars parked in front of her.

To help all parents to remember the parking rules, cones will be in the NO PARKING areas beginning today.  If you see a cone, this means DO NOT PARK here.  There are spots available.  This requires getting out of the car and walking a few extra feet – an act that makes our parking lot and bus loop safer for others who are picking up their children.  Many thanks to my two amazing 5th grader CONE HELPERS (Tom and Logan) for putting these out each day for me.  Super thanks to my two amazing 5th grade CONE HELPERS (Caden and Quinton) who bring the cones in each day!

Also, another reminder:  We cannot send children out to cars.  If you pick up your child after school, park your car and walk to the lobby to get your child.  If you arrive before the first bell rings (3:40) you need to sign your child out.  Pick up by 3:50.  There is no supervision for children after 4 pm.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Mrs. Reagan, the Parking Lot and Parent Pick Up Nag.