Posted on

May Has Arrived

5th Grade Backwards Day Models
           5th Grade Backwards Day Models

The usual signs of spring are evident everywhere.    Outside the GAGA PITS are in full use; spring jackets and sweatshirts line the playground; Mr. Rob is mowing everyday to keep up with the spring growth; our Mallard ducks have built nests under the platforms of both the 2/3 and 4/5 playgrounds; Killdeer birds are nesting all over the property; and our back deck is in full use by classes that are counting water snakes, tadpoles, snapping turtles and other pond life creatures.  We are thrilled May is here!

Friday was Backwards Day — an all school theme day selected by our fifth graders.  Ourstudents very creatively wore their clothing, hair styles, hat, glasses and more to support the 5th grade theme day with style.  One kindergartener said to me, “Mrs. Reagan, do you know that Backwards Day puts my butt in the wrong place?  And my pockets are really hard to use too.”

This coming week is a special one for the staff at Georgetown.  Our Parent Club has organized events each day to appreciate the staff and over 30 parents are volunteering to supply treats and activities.  We are looking forward to this special week ahead.

Our schedule of activities is below.   We have a theme day on Friday, May 7.   Encourage your children to wear their Georgetown T-Shirt or Eagle’s shirts.

Enjoy the beautiful weekend!  Mrs. Reagan

blog