Posted on

Week 6: October 12-16, 2015

Last week was a busy with WALK•A•THON celebrations…and this made for a great week for me!  I got to know seventeen kids better while bowling and eating pizza.  Activities like this build relationships and help me to get to know the students in new ways –and helps them to learn about me in new ways.
The top fund raisers for the WALK•A•THON spent two hours at Hudsonville Lanes bowling, eating pizza and eating ice cream.  Mr. Boomsma, the owner, was incredibly kind and gracious to us. Some highlights of our time together is in the video below.  Most of the photos were taken by the students which makes the slideshow more fun to watch.

On Friday, I met with the top earners for each grade level.  This was a wonderful opportunity for students sit in “spinning office chairs” and get to know students across grade levels.  We laughed A LOT!  We laughed so much that Elena pronounced us all “very silly people.”  The photo below is of Elena, Kolton, Mckenna, McKenzie, Isabella, Kylie and Brynn.
pizza lunch
Our biggest celebration for WALK•A•THON will take place on Friday.  The staff will play BUBBLE SOCCER — a game which should provide great entertainment for the students!
Finally, all those who earned $25 or more will receive a bubble light up ball — these have been ordered and when they arrive we will pass them out to all.
Have a great week…njoy every single beautiful fall day!
Mrs. Reagan