Posted on

Final Week of May 2018!

It’s week 37 of school, a four day week that kicks off the start of June…and we have just 8.5 days remaining of the year.

This week we have our second grade field trip to Blandford Nature Center, several wrap up activities in individual classrooms, and the grade 3-5 Talent Show on Friday.   If your child is in the 2018 Talent Show, the line up can be found here.  If you cannot make it to the show, all of the acts will be videotaped and sent your way at your request.  Simply email me and I will send you the performance.

Also, some clarifications regarding building safety and security.   In the past two weeks, parents have walked their children onto the playground and they’ve been approached by staff for name tag checks.  Please do not be offended if this happens to you.  ALL staff might not know who you are — and we must be consistent and follow the procedures.  Here are a few safety reminders for the final two weeks of school:

1.  Bus Loop and Drop Off:  Do not drop children off in the loop.  This drive is for busses only — even if there are no busses present.  I have asked all playground supervisors to enforce this when I am not outside.  If you are approached by a staff member and asked to move your car, please understand that this is a safety procedure for ALL BUILDINGS in the HPS District.
  2. Bus Loop and Parents:  Do not try to pick your child up from the bus loop.  All pick ups must go through the office.  Staff will receive a two-way call from the office to send your child to the office to meet you.
  3. Playground and Pick Up:  Parents cannot pick children from the playground.  All parents must go to the office to sign your child out…and again, the office with two-way staff to send child to the office.
  4. Playground and Parents:  Parents cannot come onto the playground during recess time unless they have signed in at the office.  Office will two-way staff on playground making them aware of an adult who is coming to the playground and cleared by the office.

Thank you for your patience and understanding with these safety measures.  It is incredibly awkward to ask parents to sign in — especially if we know you.  However, we must be consistent.

Enjoy your sunny, warm Memorial Weekend.  I would also like to extend my thoughts and prayers to those who have lost a loved one in the armed services.  This holiday is a time for us all to reflect on the commitment these men and women have made for each one of us.

Mrs. Reagan