Posted on

Week 7: October 7-11, 2019

It’s hard for us to believe that we are almost done with the second month of school!  The teachers have been laser focused on building relationships and routines with their class families and at the same time increasing learning expectations for all subject areas.

If your child is tired after school, we plead guilty as charged.  During their time in the classroom, we are helping them to learn how to listen to directions for new learning, practice new learning by explaining the learning goal and then show us how they know/understand the new learning.  Because our days also have many transition times, we have high expectations for safe, quiet behaviors during the transition times.  We are reminding the children that we are moving as a class family and we emphasize the need to show respect for others as we change areas in the classroom and building.  As you learned in my Friday email, we are also practicing drill procedures (fire, lockdown, tornado) and this can add additional stress to the day— even though we keep it as calm as possible.

We do build in learning breaks through out the classroom day — movement options within the classroom along with recess.  Even with these in the day, the learning brain can be very tired at the end of a school day.  Don’t be surprised if you child arrives home and just wants quiet time — and doesn’t want to talk about school.  Honestly, this one reason why I love my 30 minute drive to Holland each night.  It provides my brain some quiet space to reflect on the day before I transform into my parent/spouse mode.

Our week ahead has one BIG EVENT!  Our Parent Club and Staff are serving food at CULVER’s on Monday from 5-8pm.  A % of the earnings from 5-8pm go to our PTC fund which provides money for class field trips, learning software, library books, classroom books, parent/child events, and much more.If you can, please eat at Culver’s on Monday.  We even do the DRIVE THRU delivery if you don’t want to come inside to eat!

Have a great weekend and as always, thank you for sharing your beautiful children with us 5 days a week!

Mrs. Reagan