Mrs. Reagan, Principal

I have worked in education since 1984 as a classroom teacher, educational consultant, full-time graduate instructor, curriculum coordinator and, currently, elementary principal. I also am married have two children who are both approaching life as young adults.

In terms of my philosophy of education, it is important to know that I am intensely committed to doing all that it takes to help each student learn. This mission began during my undergraduate work at the University of Michigan and became more focused as I worked with a series of struggling readers in my K-2 classrooms. I pursued a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education with an emphasis in literacy assessment and instruction. I also attended classes and workshops to improve my understanding of learning abilities, styles, and approaches. After having two children of my own, I left the classroom and served as a full-time instructor with Grand Valley State University and Western Michigan University. Working at the graduate level allowed me to “teach” teachers and serve as a consultant throughout the state in issues related to literacy learning and assessment techniques. In 2001, I began working with Hudsonville Public Schools as the Coordinator for Instruction and Gifted and Talented Services. This position involved working with teachers and students in grades K-12 in the area of differentiated learning strategies.

All of these experiences, I believe, have prepared me to become the principal of your child’s school.  Serving as the principal of Georgetown Elementary is the most rewarding job of ALL! I continue to work toward maintaining interesting and immediate communication with parents, students and the community through this blog and all forms of communication.

I use the blog to communicate with parents and students and the community–the goal being to provide up to date, interesting and relevant information to parents, students, staff and the community.