Mrs. Reagan, Principal

I have worked in education since 1984 as a classroom teacher, educational consultant, full-time graduate instructor, curriculum coordinator and, currently, elementary principal. I also am married have two children who are both approaching life as young adults.

In terms of my philosophy of education, it is important to know that I am intensely committed to doing all that it takes to help each student learn. This mission began during my undergraduate work at the University of Michigan and became more focused as I worked with a series of struggling readers in my K-2 classrooms. I pursued a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education with an emphasis in literacy assessment and instruction. I also attended classes and workshops to improve my understanding of learning abilities, styles, and approaches. After having two children of my own, I left the classroom and served as a full-time instructor with Grand Valley State University and Western Michigan University. Working at the graduate level allowed me to “teach” teachers and serve as a consultant throughout the state in issues related to literacy learning and assessment techniques. In 2001, I began working with Hudsonville Public Schools as the Coordinator for Instruction and Gifted and Talented Services. This position involved working with teachers and students in grades K-12 in the area of differentiated learning strategies.

All of these experiences, I believe, have prepared me to become the principal of your child’s school.  Serving as the principal of Georgetown Elementary is the most rewarding job of ALL! I continue to work toward maintaining interesting and immediate communication with parents, students and the community through this blog and all forms of communication.

I use the blog to communicate with parents and students and the community–the goal being to provide up to date, interesting and relevant information to parents, students, staff and the community.

4 thoughts on “Mrs. Reagan, Principal

1. Hello Mrs T Reagan,
    Congratulations upon your great Educational Leadership in creating your school Blog.I keep an eye on it via Edublogs Supporters and have passed the link on to some Principals here in Melbourne Australia. It is a warm day here as I write on Christmas Eve, It is going to be 27C which is 80.6 in Farenheit.I wish you a restful and wonderful holiday period.
    Best Regards,
    Yvonne
    PS Please let me know if your students require Australian Pen Pals at any time.

2. Mrs. Reagan,

You are truly my hero! Your community is so lucky to have you! You’ve connected your school to the world and the world to them. What an amazing blog!

If one day I can be 1/2 the leader you are, I will be satisfied!

Your friend from NYC,
    Michelle

3. Hey Mrs. Reagan!

I am one of the many educators who follow you on twitter. I think what you are doing here is terrific. I love the wiki you created to help people learn about blogging. You are truly an educator!

4. G’day Mrs Readan,
    I have posted an answer to your question about changing images on my class blog.

Wow! You certainly have a school interested in blogging. Wish this was happening at my school, but I am trying to push it with a few teachers.