Blog Bits 5/11/2018
News From the Office…
We want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Elizabeth Schollaart for spoiling the staff for teacher appreciation week!! She did an amazing job and it is very much appreciated! Also, thank you to everyone who volunteered to bring in items to contribute to the week! It is so nice to see everything looking so green and be able to get things done outside!! We are done with M-Step!! The kids all did so well and we are very proud of them! Our countdown continues with 18 1/2 SCHOOL days left!! Hard to Believe!! Here are a couple of end of the year reminders.
- Please keep in mind we do not have a lot of extra room in the lounge freezer. Please do not drop off popsicles or other frozen treats without clearing it through your child’s teacher. Thanks for your help with this!!
- The calendars for next year came out a while ago. Here is the link to it in case you have misplaced it.
- Friday May 25 is Red White and Blue day at school.
Medication Pick Up…
Just an end of the year reminder about medication. If your child has any meds at school (prescription or over the counter) , they must be picked up by the last day of school. Anything left after the last day will be disposed of by the health department. Thank you!!
1. It is that time of year again when we are going to celebrate all of our Georgetown Millionaires!! If you are one of those students that is tracking and counting your words to become a Million Word Reader, it is time to turn in your sheets of books and word totals! Remember, if you have taken any Reading Counts quizzes the computer keeps track of those words so no need to write those down. Turn in your Word Count sheets by Wednesday, May 23 to Mrs. VandenBerg in the Library! There are links on the Blog that can help you in counting your words under Reading Counts.
May 17 – Last PTC meeting of the year from 6:30 – 7:30 in the library at school
5th Grade News…
May 17 and 18 – Fifth Grade Camp
June 5 – Field Day for 4th and 5th grade
•Farmgirl Flea Market is May 18th from 4-8pm and May 19th from 8-4pm at the Hudsonville Fairgrounds. Tickets available at the gate and kids 12 and under are FREE. Pickers and Makers from MI and across the US will be here with their vintage, antiques, barn fresh, furniture, and fine handmade goods. Food trucks and live music too! Check out Farmgirl Flea on FB for all the details.
•Riley Middle School’s drama club is presenting the show “Channel Surfing”.
The show “Channel Surfing” is on Saturday, May 12 at 7 PM with Free Admission. Check out this flyer for more details! channel surfing poster-1wupwst
•Attention, Bridge Card holders:
Double Up Food Bucks will be back at your area’s farmers’ markets starting in June.
When you use your Bridge Card at a participating farmers’ market, the Double Up Food Bucks program will match you dollar for dollar with bonus funds – up to $20 – that you can use in the market to buy more fresh, Michigan-grown fruits and vegetables. It’s that simple – spend up to $20 on your Bridge Card at the market, and you’ll get up to $20 more, free, to spend on healthy, local foods. Most farmers’ markets and some on-farm produce stands in Kent, Ottawa, and Muskegon Counties are participating. Visit www.doubleupfoodbucks.org
or call toll-free 1-866- 586-2796
for market locations and more information, or just visit your favorite market starting in June!
•VEX Robotics Open House
Vex Robotics is a fun and innovative program for grades 4th – 12th where teams build robots and compete on the field. Families interested can join us at our informational open house on Thur, May 17 at the Freshman Campus cafeteria from 7 – 8 pm. We will be presenting details for the competition season next fall. Visit HudsonvilleRobotics.com for more information
• You can click here to go to the community education page on the Hudsonville Public School website or click link below to see the new offerings.