Are you in grades 3rd-5th? Can you juggle? Play an instrument? Do a special jump rope routine? Magic tricks? Gymnastics routines? Dance? Sing? Play the recorder? Be an MC for the show? Then Georgetown wants YOU!!
Our annual Georgetown Talent Show is right around the corner! Since May is so busy with end of year activities, we have decided to move our Talent Show earlier in the year to help celebrate the day before spring break??!! Its time to pull out all the stops and start practicing those acts!!
If your child is interested in participating in our Talent Show, there are some very important dates and details coming up that they need to be aware of to be considered for the show:
- Decide on act and start practicing alone or with friends: NOW!
- Pick up Official Talent Show Audition Sheet (located outside music room door): Available on Tuesday, March 2
- Talent Show Audition Sheets must be turned in on or before: Monday, March 15
- Auditions will be held: Wednesday, March 17 – Friday, March 19
- Talent Show: Thursday, April 1
- Students must be in grades 3rd-5th to be in Talent Show. All other grades will watch only.
- Act must be 2 minutes or less.
- If song/act to perform is longer than 2 minutes, we can fade music out at the 2 minute mark.
- When submitting Audition Sheet, lyrics for songs performed must be attached to sheet. Only appropriate music will be allowed.
- Students must come to Audition PERFORMANCE READY. That means that they should perform as if it is the actual Talent Show. They should have all CD’s and props with them in order to be considered.
- If auditioning to be an MC/announcer for the show, student should memorize one joke to tell for their audition.
So start practicing! We are so excited to see all the amazing talents that Georgetown has to offer!!! We can hardly wait for April 1!
If you have any questions, please come see Mrs. Bretz, Mrs. Brouwer, Mrs. VanKoevering or Mrs. Nienhuis. Good luck everyone!