Posted on

New Teachers at Georgetown!

I know that many of you have been anxiously waiting to hear news of the new teachers for our school.  As of today, I have finished filling three positions.  I will be interviewing through July 7 for the remainder of the positions and post a blog announcement once those are filled.

Our open Resource Room position will be held by Mrs. Maegan Wert.  Mrs. Wert was our reading teacher in 2007 and then moved to full time reading at Alward.  She has been waiting for a full time resource position to open.  Since moving to Alward, she has become a momma so you may see her unpacking boxes and chasing her handsome boy, Henry at the same time!)

Our fourth grade position will be held by Mr. Kooiker!  He will be joining Mr. Bowen and Mrs. Huizenga.  Mr. Kooiker is so very excited to be a fourth grade teacher at our school….and for those of you who are wondering if he will still play basketball, soccer and football on the playground…YES!   He can now teach and play sports on the playground—just not at the same time.

The 3rd grade position will be held by Mr. Ryan Bialochowski. (PRONUNCIATION TIP:  BELL-O-HOUSE-KEY)He is currently working as a pharmacy tech for DeVos Children’s Hospital.  Many of our students have met him in the past two years because he completed his seminar teaching experience in Mr. Gort’s classroom and has also served as a substitute teacher throughout the building.  Mr. Bialochowski comes to use with a passion for working with children–all ages, abilities and a strong desire to team and teach with all of you.  He will be busy setting up room 201 in the coming weeks.

Again, as soon as I know the teachers for grades PK, K and First,  I will let you know.  Thank you for your patience as I work to find the best people to teach your children.

Mrs. Reagan