Posted on

A very short week ahead…Nov 22 & 23

glass globe with pilgim at thanksgiving harvest animated gifWe will be in school for just two days this coming week due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.    I had hoped to have a scavenger hunt before the holiday, but this one snuck up on me!

Some of the fun links I had plan to share when I kicked off the scavenger hunt are still worthy of posting for your reading (and voting) pleasure.

If you are interested in finding out more about Thanksgiving, the History Channel website is full of resources.   Of course, there is the History of Thanksgiving but also check out the Mayflower Reconstructed.

Visit the  TURKEY FACTS site to brush up on your turkey knowledge.  My favorite fact:  Wild turkey’s sleep in trees at night.

And, speaking of turkeys, take the poll below to let us know if you eat turkey for Thanksgiving dinner or not.    I know one family that eats a traditional dinner of roasted duck and another of homemade pasta and sauce.  This poll doesn’t permit everyone to tell what they eat..but gives us an idea of who eats turkey ….or something else!

Have a wonderful holiday with family and friends…be well!

update 1122