Posted on

More 2011-12 Kindergarten Scoop!

We have received many questions regarding enrollment of PK and K childrenblocks for the 2011-12 school year.

How old does my child need to be to enroll in PK or K?

• Children eligible for PK or K must turn 5 years before December 1, 2011.

How do I find out about the difference between PK and K?

If my child is in PK with Mrs. Boes room this year,  do I need to attend Round Up?

• No, you do not need to attend.  You simply need to complete a registration form for kindergarten.  This will arrive home this week.  Registration form can also be downloaded here:  K Registration

If  I have a child that will be NEW to Georgetown and you would like to find out more about PK and K, should I attend the meeting on March 8?

• Yes,  we would love to provide you with information about the programs.

What if I cannot attend the meeting?

• If you cannot attend the night meeting, we invite you to go to the 10 am meeting at Alward or South Elementary.  The information will be the same.  If the meeting times do not work for you, stop by Georgetown and pick up the enrollment information.  The office is open from 9 – 4 pm each day.

Should my child be screened to determine if a PK or K placement is best?

• Every parent has the option to have their child screened.  We offer this screening to help parents with this decision. The screening is brief—-approximately 20 minutes.  Recommendations are shared at the end of the screening.  This is scheduled when you turn in the enrollment form.  Screening days are March 15 and 16.