Posted on

We Found A Dog by Mikayla Meyer

Mikayla

Mikayla’s story,  WE FOUND A DOG,  was selected as worthy of a performance by the 1st grade team for our all school JUST WRITE CELEBRATION.

You can view the teacher performance below.  Congratulations,  Mikayla, on being a JUST RIGHT JUST WRITE author!

We Found a Dog!
by Mikayla Meyer

To my cousin who encouraged me to help the dog find its owner.

It was a bursting hot day.  My family was celebrating my twin cousins’ birthday when… we found a dog, and it wasn’t our dog.  The dog had a collar on, but it didn’t have an address.  So, me, Sierra, Lauren and Whit went around the neighborhood and looked for its owner because Spencer is allergic to dogs and my cousins already have a dog.  Some houses gave us an idea of whose dog it was, but none of them worked.  And, one even told us to call the vet, and it still didn’t work.  After awhile I said, “I’m too tired to go any further!”  So, Whit said, “You can go home if you want?”  But, I didn’t!  We looked and looked until Conner came and told us it was time for us to open presents.  So, we finished our last house.  We couldn’t find the owner.  So, we left the dog in our backyard to see if she would find her owner.  (So she did.)  But, it took a long time for her to leave.  But, we still had an upside down smile on our face.

About the Author

Hi!  My name is Mikayla Meyer.  I live in Hudsonville.  I have 2 brothers and 1 sister and my mom and dad.  I love to play with my brother, Spencer.  This story is about finding a dog owner.  I have also written: When Spender Gets Mad and The Special Football Game.