Our theme for the 2011-12 Event:
G O G R E E N:
A School that RECYCLES
- Do you know that our school leads the district in lowest energy use due to the building design and our focus on LIGHTS OUT when we exit rooms?
- Do you know that we recycle our paper? Our PAPER GATOR (in the front parking lot near Baldwin Street) is also available to community members to encourage community paper recycling.
- Do you know that we recycle water bottles? Each week, a group of students collects plastic water bottles to help keep Georgetown Green.
- Do you know that we recycle batteries? Each month, Mr. Rob takes our bucket of batteries to a recycling station. Bring your batteries into school and put them in the bucket near the front office.
Why is the walk-a-thon donation so important? This money helps to provide to pay for all school assemblies, Framed Art Work, Hoops in the Gym, Family Days like the Carnival, Mother/Daughter and Father/Son Events, Music materials, Popcorn Days, Field Trips, Classroom supplies, classroom equipment, Reading Counts, Raz Kids, Book Fair, Santa’s Secret Shop, AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
We need your DONATIONS of Money! We want all of these activities and events to continue this year. PLEASE DONATE!
For our walk-a-thon days, we want everyone to wear GREEN. Green clothes, green nails, green face paint, etc. We want the walk-a-thon path to be a sea of green. So, wear as much green as possible.
Here is the walk-a-thon GO GREEN schedule:
Wednesday, September 21: 9:45a.m. – 11:15a.m. – Morning ECSE, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade
Thursday, September 22: 1:45 – 3:15 Afternoon ECSE, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
What are the prizes?
- Top WINNERs (5): MAY POOL PARTY AT MRS. REAGAN’S HOUSE
- Top WINNERS for EACH GRADE: PIZZA PARTY WITH MRS. REAGAN
- Top WINNING CLASSROOM: A Pampered Day: This class is treated like royalty. They will be able to wear PJS, eat pizza and popsicles and receive two extra recesses during the day—and no homework for that day.
- EVERY PARTICIPANT who raises $25 or more gets a GO GREEN re-usable EAGLES bag.
- EVERY PARTICIPANT will be entered into drawings for DOUBLE J, LASER TAG and much more.
- Money due September 30. Everyone walks on the days assigned…money can be turned in between now and end of the month.
Friday, September 30: Completed donation forms and money due back to school. You do not need to send the money this week. You have until September 30. PLEASE DONATE! PLEASE! (Yes, Mrs. Reagan is begging!)
Thank you for all of your help! We look forward to a tremendously successful event!
Do you need these forms?
PARENTS STILL NEEDED AS VOLUNTEERS: Amanda Troyer is still looking for PARENT HELP. This is a fun event to work. Low stress….and loads of fun. Please let her know if you can help by emailing her. She is in need of bubble machines, spray bottles (for water) and big hearts who are willing to help her keep walking kids walking and hydrated!
Amanda Troyer’s Email Address: email@example.com