= MINDFUL GIVING
From November 5-16, we will be engaged in a school wide service project called TWO ACTS OF MINDFUL GIVING: LOCAL AND GLOBAL.
We would like every child to donate 2 non-perishable food items and 2 dollars toward this service project.
The donation of non-perishable items go toward our LOCAL PE CARES:
- The Food collected will be donated to Water of Life Church which serves our community.
- The classroom that brings in the most items will be awarded a P.E. C.A.R.E.S. t-shirt and a trip to Hudsonville bowling lanes. NOTE: TWO is the recommended donation for each child. You can send in MUCH more to help your child’s class win the bowling trip.
- Thank you for your help and support in this LOCAL service project.
- If you have any questions please feel free to email Mrs. Nienhuis (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or Mrs. VanKoevering (email@example.com).
The donation of $2.00 goes toward a GLOBAL project called, SPARK: Spread A Little Light.
- The money earned will go toward purchasing solar lights for Nyaka School in Uganda. The teachers of this school need the lights to walk to and from school in the darkness, light their books while they teach and to light their room as they complete lesson plans each night.
- Every student will receive a SPREAD THE LIGHT wristband as a thank you for mindful giving to this SPARK SOLAR LIGHT Project. Each class that earns a light ($30) will put a “light up” on the hallway display.
- Thank you for your help and support in this GLOBAL service project. If you have any questions please feel free to email Mrs. Reagan, firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about both projects, watch this short presentation.