NEWS FROM THE OFFICE………. First let me start with this….. hope you are all sitting down….. BELIEVE IT OR NOT….. ONLY 7 school days until Thanksgiving Break!! Hold on tight because it is only going to get busier with the holidays coming. Remember too that our Holiday Program is in NOVEMBER this year, so that will creep right up on us also. It was a very busy week here at Georgetown. We had Parent/Teacher Conferences this week on three evenings and we held our annual fall Book Fair. The Book Fair was very busy so hopefully your kids came home with some good reading material!
ILLNESSES AT SCHOOL……… We just wanted to remind you that we need students FEVER FREE FOR 24 HOURS WITHOUT MEDICATION and for students with the stomach flu they need to BE KEPT HOME FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS SINCE THEY LAST VOMITED. Thank you for your consideration in this matter. We need to do our very best to keep these viruses from spreading.
P.E. NEWS………… HUDSONVILLE P.E. CARES……. From November 5-16, we will be engaged in a school wide service project called TWO ACTS OF MINDFUL GIVING: LOCAL AND GLOBAL. We would like every child to donate 2 non-perishable food items and 2 dollars toward this service project.
The donation of non-perishable items go toward our LOCAL PE CARES:
- The Food collected will be donated to Water of Life Church which serves our community.
- The classroom that brings in the most items will be awarded a P.E. C.A.R.E.S. t-shirt and a trip to Hudsonville bowling lanes. NOTE: TWO is the recommended donation for each child. You can send in MUCH more to help your child’s class win the bowling trip.
- Thank you for your help and support in this LOCAL service project.
- If you have any questions please feel free to email Mrs. Nienhuis (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or Mrs. VanKoevering (email@example.com).
The donation of $2.00 goes toward a GLOBAL project called, SPARK: Spread A Little Light.
- The money earned will go toward purchasing solar lights for Nyaka School in Uganda. The teachers of this school need the lights to walk to and from school in the darkness, light their books while they teach and to light their room as they complete lesson plans each night.
- Every student will receive a SPREAD THE LIGHT wristband as a thank you for mindful giving to this SPARK SOLAR LIGHT Project. Each class that earns a light ($30) will put a “light up” on the hallway display.
- Thank you for your help and support in this GLOBAL service project. If you have any questions please feel free to email Mrs. Reagan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to www.hudslax.com for registration and information.
Open to Boys in 5th grade through high school, and high school girls.
HUDSONVILLE HOLIDAY PARADE………. It is that time of year again! The City of Hudsonville & the Hudsonville Area Chamber of Commerce are excited to present to you the 19th Annual Hudsonville Holiday Parade on November 17 at 10am. Come celebrate this festive time close to home. The parade route runs along 32nd Ave from Highland Drive to Central Blvd. The parade route ends at the Hudsonville Fire station on Central Blvd., but the fun doesn’t end there. Join us and your neighbors there for hot beverages, snacks, and fun activities immediately following the parade. A big thank you to the Downtown Development Authority and Hudsonville Family Dentistry, as well as all of the other wonderful sponsors that make the day possible. Any questions? Contact Michelle Fare at email@example.com or call 669-0200.
HUDSONVILLE COMMUNITY ED………… Hudsonville Community Education has many offerings for your kids this fall. For more information or to register, please visit www.hudsonvillepublicschools.
Hudsonville MYWA Wrestling ~ Grades K-8
Soccer ~ Ages 5-12
Gymnastics/Dance/Cheer ~ Ages 4 and up
Young Rembrandts Drawing Class ~ Ages 6-12
HEAT Swim Team ~ Age varies
Holiday Cooking Class ~ Ages 6-8
11/16 ~ Popcorn Friday : )
11/16 ~ ECSE Field Trip to Playworld
11/21 ~ 11/23 Thanksgiving Break ~ NO SCHOOL