We are very excited to start the new school year! Please remember to join us for one of our Open Houses this week. The schedule is as follows:
- PK Monday, August 25 @ 6:30 pm
- K Tuesday, August 26 @ 6:30 pm
- Grades 1-5 Wednesday, August 27 @ 6:30 pm
At all three open houses, we will be collecting donations for POPCORN DAYS. Each month, parent volunteers provide popcorn to all our students as a special treat. Popcorn Fridays (one per month) are FAVORITE DAYS in our building. Popcorn parents are ROCKSTARs! Your OPEN HOUSE donations allow us to offer popcorn free of charge to ALL students. Please DONATE. The container will be in the rotunda.
We would love to have more support for the many activities we offer for students and families during the year. Please show your support by completing this survey: PTC SURVEY 2014
We have many changes on our staff this year. Below is a list of those who have moved on to other positions, those who are new to our school and a few within our school that have changed positions.
- Mr. Bialochowski moved to Riley Middle to teach science.
- Early Childhood Special Education moved to the new Early Childhood Campus (formerly Freshman Campus)
- Mrs. Nurenberg, one of our office administrative assistants, moved to Alward Elementary.
- Mrs. Katt, one of our resource teachers, has moved to northern Michigan with her family. Both she and her husband will be teaching in the Benzie County Schools.
- Mrs. Ball @ 5th Grade. She was the Media Director at Riley Middle School and before that an English teacher at Baldwin Middle School.
- Mrs. Hoekstra joins us in the office as an administrative assistant in Mrs. Nurenberg’s position.
- Ms. Darish joins us as a resource teacher, replacing Mrs. Katt.
Same Beautiful Faces…new positions:
- Mrs. Wert is now a Pre-Kindergarten teacher (formerly our Cognitively Impaired Teacher)
- Mrs. Stutz is back again as Kindergarten Teacher but in a new room. She will be in room 109.
- Mrs Bast is now a first grade teacher (formerly our Reading Teacher)
- Mrs. VanKoevering is now a second grade teacher (formerly a first grade teacher)
- Mrs. Quigley is now a fourth grade teacher (formerly a second grade teacher).
If you do not know who your child has for a teacher, please check the class list link above—tab option above.
If you would like to get a head start on the forms that will be coming home on OPEN HOUSE NIGHT, check this post: FORMS FORMS FORMS.
Looking forward to welcoming you and your children back to school this week during our open houses!