Posted on

It’s Official….SNOW DAY!

snow dayOur first snow day of 2016 is TODAY!

If your are looking for ways to build in some learning time at home, here are a few suggestions:

Math Fact Practice:  Grades 1-5    Spend a few minutes on this site practicing your math facts.  To login, students go to the site, click on student login and type in ges-  and then their name and then their password.

MOBYMAX:  Grades K-5  If you are unsure of your child’s login, email me and I will send it your way.

Study Island:  Grades 2-5 If you are unsure of your child’s login, email me and I will send it your way.

READING:  Have your child read for 10 minutes times their grade level.

READ ALOUD:  Children of all ages benefit from hearing stories read aloud.  This builds listening comprehension which strengthens their ability to understand a story when they do the complex work of reading on their own and processing the meaning.  When you read aloud, you also expose your child to vocabulary that they will be reading in many books.  Hearing a word and learning it’s meaning, helps readers to sound out the word when reading on their own.

PLAY a BOARD GAME or CARDS:  Enjoy the snow day together!  If it’s too cold to play outside, build in time to play a game!

Stay warm at home…and if you have to go out, Drive Safely!

Mrs. Reagan