Posted on

Week 8: October 14-18, 2019

This weekend, I could feel the first hints of winter blowing across Lake Michigan.  I broke out my winter coat and gloves…but drew the line at pulling out my boots!

Remember…as you get prepare your child’s winter clothing, write your last name on the tag (if the tag is big enough).  This is a huge help to us when items land in our LOST and FOUND.

Speaking of WINTER, two of our staff members volunteered for the URBAN HAY DAY DUNK TANK this Saturday!  It was 40 degrees and windy…and they were all smiles! MANY THANKS TO MRS. Ball (Gr 5 Teacher) and MRS. Nienhuis (PE Teacher)!  Photos of their bravery at the top of this post!

We are well enough into the school routines that we have parents volunteering to assist with reading and math activities in many classrooms, grade K-3.  Thank you, parents, for your support and involvement.  One of my favorite volunteer activities are those of you who come in to be mystery readers.  It is so much fun to see the excitement on your child’s face when you enter the room with a book to share.

Parent Teacher Conferences are the evenings of November 18 and 20 this year.  We schedule these for parents.  Please help us by providing us with your preferred evening and we will notify you of your time by November 1.  We schedule siblings on the same evening — so that parents of more than one child need to come one night only.  The conference survey can be found here: NOVEMBER PT CONFERENCE SURVEY

A snapshot of our week is below.  It’s early release Friday, which means we will also have POPCORN DAY!

Here’s to a great week ahead!

Mrs. Reagan