Posted on

New year, new beginnings!

Hello Georgetown Community,

I am extremely excited to introduce myself to you and look forward to getting to know you and your students this upcoming year. My name is Randy Waldie and I could not be happier to join Hudsonville Schools as the new principal at GES.  I have been an educator for the past 18 years at Coopersville Area Public Schools, working in a multitude of roles Pre-k through 12th grade, helping challenge and inspire all learners to become contributing, responsible members of a global society.

My wife, Anne, is an educator as well and works at Grandville Middle School. We have three children: Ali is 9 and will be in 4th grade, our angel, Ben, would have been 5, and Mia is 3 ½ and will be starting preschool this fall. 

I look forward to meeting you and your children this year and I’m excited that we will be able to see students in the hallways again after a long summer.  This year will certainly be full of opportunities, challenges, and growth.  With the myriad of uncertainty surrounding so much right now, it’s important to remember that we have so much positive happening for us this year as well.   We have the absolute best teachers who are supported by outstanding paraprofessionals and other staff throughout the day.  We have a beautiful school building and grounds which rival any elementary in the state.  And most importantly, we have wonderful students from fantastic families that partner with us each and every day to help make Georgetown one of the best schools in the state!

I hope that you and your family are able to enjoy the remainder of the summer and we look forward to seeing you on the 24th.

Yours in learning,

Randy