To All of Our Incredible, Wonderful, Invaluable Volunteers:
We, the entire Georgetown staff, want you to know that you are an essential part of our learning community. Without you, we would not be able to…
• celebrate and honor our student artists with displays of their craft throughout the year.
• reach the ability levels of learners in reading, writing and math (Reading Counts, Baggie Books, Web Reading, Project Learning and much more!)
• acknowledge birthdays each month in the rotunda.
• safely offer field trips to varied destinations at each grade.
• support our learners in need of ole models for problem solving and decision making (Kid’s Hope, Buddy Reading, Recess Games).
• offer parent/child activities that are safe, fun and full of memories.
And the list of student support goes on and on. You help us with “behind the scenes” support of teaching and learning by running copies, stapling books, sorting projects and hanging posters — and much more!
We, the staff of Georgetown, believe that because of your support our students are better prepared to learn and we are then able to do more to reach tthe varied social, emotional and academic needs of all our students.
Our deepest thanks to each and everyone of you for the time you give to us and all the students at Georgetown!
You are invited to a VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION performance at our Talent Shows on May 14, 2009 (10 am and repeated at 2 pm). If you are unable to make this performance, you will be able to view this on our blog!
Many thanks, Mrs. Reagan and the entire Georgetown Staff!