Mrs. VanHaitsma, our English Language Learner teacher, uses every tool available to help her students learn the complexities of the English language. In December, Mrs. VanHaitsma shared a story written by Leah who is a native Chinese speaker and is quickly becoming very skilled in her second language, English.
Visit Mrs. VanHaitsma’s blog to hear and see Leah’s well written story. She will brighten your day!
Georgetown is a very special place that is growing and changing all the time! Each year, we welcome new teachers and new students. During our before school meeting days, I met with a new teacher to our building and learned a few special things about her. Read these clues and see if you can figure out who she might be.
- As a child, she loved to eat pizza.
- Her favorite color is green.
- She loves the sound of waves.
- If she could learn to do anything, she would learn how to drive a stick shift! Why does she want to learn how to drive a stick shift? Because all the cool sports cars have stick shifts.
- If she wrote a story about herself, it would be called, “God Has a Sense of Humor.”
Who is this person? Her name is Mrs. VanHaitsma, our new teacher for English Language Learners.
All 28 of our classroom blogs introduce you to a mystery person. Click on any of the blogs to the left to see if the clues and the photos help you to learn more about the staff members in our building. Our school blog can be found by clicking on this link: GEORGETOWN BLOG