A hobby is an activity that you do for enjoyment, and there are a wide variety of hobbies you can have living somewhere that has four seasons. My winter hobbies are knitting and baking. In the spring, I love to walk and collect stones on the beach. The summer and fall are perfect times for one of my favorite hobbies, gardening.
This summer, my hobby was very different: FAMILY TIME. During the school year, everyone in my family is very busy and sometimes we are rarely home together. My goal this summer was to spend LOTS of time doing activities with my son, daughter and husband. We swam in the pool, went to movies, took long walks, and sometimes just did nothing but talk. It was one of my best summers in many years.
Visit the many Georgetown Blogs to learn about the hobbies of teachers in grades PK-5! If you have an interesting or unusual hobby that you would like to share, send me a comment and I will share it on our blog.
It’s Time For our 2nd:
BLOG SCAVENGER HUNT!
Our 2nd hunt of the year is designed to help you learn more about the teachers at our school.
The theme of this hunt is: HOBBIES. Each staff member created a blog post one of their hobbies.
Your job is to hunt through all the blogs and find ONE of each:
- A prek or kindergarten teacher’s hobby.
- A 1st grade teacher’s hobby.
- A 2nd grade teacher’s hobby.
- A 3rd grade teacher’s hobby.
- A 4th grade teacher’s hobby.
- A 5th grade teacher’s hobby.
- A special teacher’s hobby.(art, music, pe, reading, speech, ecse, or principal)
For those of you who have never participated, the rules are simple:
- Search all the Georgetown blogs linked to this site.
- Keep a list of blogs where you found your items.
- When you have found all the items, submit your answers on the SCAVENGER HUNT ENTRY FORM.
- Everyone who enters by October 22 will be included in the school wide drawing. Drawing on October 26 at 1:30 pm.
- ONE Student winner receives lunch with Mrs. Reagan and a Barnes & Noble Gift Card. ONE Winning class (the class that has the most students participate-INCLUDING THE CLASSROOM TEACHER– receive Mrs. Reagan as their teacher for ONE hour!
- All those who enter will be added to the Reading Counts Drawing (held in December).
HAVE FUN HUNTING! And…Good Luck!