Posted on

Mr. Rob Thurkettle Receives District Recognition

Dr. Ceglarek, Mr. Rob and Mr. Ysseldyke
Dr. Ceglarek, Mr. Rob and Mr. Ysseldyke

Each year, the Hudsonville Education Foundation selects one staff member to receive the INNOVATION in EDUCATION AWARD.  This year’s recipient is our very own super custodian, Rob Thurkettle!

Rob was nominated by several staff members for his commitment to the opening and ongoing maintenance of Georgetown Elementary School.  He treats our school as if it was his home — attending to every square inch on the inside and outside of the building.  Rob’s passion, energy and commitment to our building is contagious.

In addition, Rob skills are in demand throughout the district to assist with many projects that come with a growing district.  Every project that Rob takes on is completed efficiently, professionally and with perfection.  His work at Georgetown and throughout the district helps us to be a stronger, more unified community together.  I and the staff at kellan robGeorgetown celebrate Mr. Rob!  We are honored to work with him each and every day.

A quote from the nomination… 
“I will never forget the morning I saw Mr. Rob working intensely to clean water and mud from the classroom hallways.  He had limited time to accomplish this task, and I could see this with his determine look and the speed of the zamboni.  I was surprised when I saw him come to an immediate stop at the end one hall.  When he headed back toward me, I saw that Kellan, a visually impaired autistic student, sitting proudly at the wheel — with Mr. Rob’s at his side.  Mr. Rob remembered it was Kellan’s birthday, and stopped to give him a special ride — a moment that made an impact on Kellan’s life forever.  This is just one example of how Mr. Rob impacts our school community on a daily basis.”