I am excited to announce that beginning with the 2012/13 school year, HPS will offer the following programing options for students all upcoming PK/K children (those who turn five prior to December 1):
- K: Full day/every day kindergarten in ALL elementary buildings. All parent K placement requests will be honored. No screening will be necessary.
- PK: Full day, every other day pre-kindergarten (PK) will be housed at Bauer. Georgetown will not house PK–our section of PK will be held at Bauer Elementary. Georgetown PK students will be bussed from their homes to Bauer during their PK year. The following year, these PK children will return to Georgetown for their K year.
- PK placements requests will be honored based on section availability. Screening will not be necessary. If sections fill up, preference will be given to students with birthdays between September 1-December 1.If you are undecided about the best placement for your child (PK or K), a screening can be scheduled for a placement recommendation.
- JANUARY 31, 2012: Registration packets will be available for pick up in elementary buildings and at the administration building. Parents will be asked to specify their placement preference on the registration form.
- March 6, 2012 @ 7 pm: PK/K Round Up at Georgetown. This is an evening meeting designed to help parents understand programming options and a time to turn in PK/K registration paperwork.
- May 31, 2012: All parents will know their child’s PK/K placement by this date.