Posted on

Week 23: February 22-26

We are very excited to wrap up the final week of February with cool to cold, dry weather.  And…we are ready to deal with the cool to cold temperatures because we have HEAT again!

close upThe end of the month is a time for students to show their progress in the areas of reading, writing, spelling, math, science and social studies.  This information is recorded on the report cards shared during conferences March 7-9.  In addition to academic progress, teachers will be noting growth in social/emotional and behavioral skills — noted in the life skills section of the report card.  *If you are unsure of your conference time, contact your child’s teacher.

In addition to spring conference/report card preparations, we are busy behind the scenes preparing for our PK/K class of 2016-17.  We kick off enrollment for PK/K on March 1 at 7 pm.  If you have a neighbor or friend with a child who will be 5 in the fall of 2016, pass along information about PK/K Round Up.

I hope you were able to enjoy the sunshine on Saturday and the mild day today.  I loved hearing the spring birds sing while I walked through my neighborhood wearing a spring coat…and no boots!

Here’s to a great week!

Mrs. Reagan

blog