Posted on

Happy SUMMER!

happy summer

We had an amazing final day…made even better when the storms broke apart just before they reached Hudsonville!  Teachers spent their mornings celebrating individual student and class accomplishments and reflecting on the growth of the past year.

As excited everyone is for the school year to close, there was an equal amount of butterflies and tears as we said goodbye for the summer months.  To be honest, I shed tears as I said goodbye to this amazing group of 5th grade students.  I become very attached to them during the 6 or 7 years of their time at Georgetown and have watched them mature socially, emotionally and academically.  They are a very special class — and I will miss them.

There are also families who are moving out of state or to new homes within our district — and these students and families will be equally missed.

Mr. Rob is our custodian and each year on the final day, he collects random items from classrooms and puts these in the rotunda.  Pictured to the right, you’ll find Mrs. Ripley, Mrs. Hoekstra and myself DABBING it up on the last day.

Wishing you all a wonderful summer — one that offers your time to build memories with your family and friends.  This won’t be the last time you hear from me.  I will be blogging about summer learning incentives, open library (Tuesdays from 10-12) and our upcoming BUY ONE GET ONE FREE BOOK FAIR (June 14 & 15).