We are busy preparing our fifth graders for sixth grade with tours, instrument fittings and informational meetings. In addition, the teachers are already thinking through placements for their students in the next grade.
In late April, the Georgetown staff begin the work of creating class lists for the next school year. We thoughtfully and carefully place students using current teacher and parent input. In order to do this, we will use teacher and parent input. Your feedback is provide by completing the Parent Classlist Survey. All wishes/requests from parents cannot be honored…because there is much to consider to build classlists.
In addition to the parent feedback from these surveys, we also examine the following criteria:
- Learning style of student compared to teaching style of teachers.
- Academic achievement: We strive to balance classrooms with a range of learning levels.
- Relationships with other students: If there are students who do not work well together due to personality conflicts and/or behavioral issues we will look at the benefit of separating these students.
- Special needs: Speech, reading, resource support, health related issues.
- Behavioral/emotional characteristics and management style of each classroom teacher.
- The personality characteristics of the student compared to that of the teacher.
- Boy/girl ratio.
*If your child is going into grade 6 at BMS, DO NOT complete this survey.
This survey is only for children going into grades K-5.