Blog Bits 10/10/2014
News from the office….
The kiddos at Georgetown are comfortable with their routines and everyone is doing great! Thanks to such AWESOME support from the families at Georgetown, we were able to watch Mr. Gort, Mr. Bowen, Mr. Kooiker, and Mr. Rob sumo wrestle! The kids had so much fun watching and cheering them on! Thankfully we were able to get this in before the weather turned a bit cooler. With that said, we would like to remind you to label your child’s coats, hats, and anything else they might wear to school. We are sending a lot of items to lost and found already and labeling the items helps us find it’s owner. Thanks for your help!!
A remind from Mrs. Reagan: If you have not responded to the Parent Teacher Conference Survey, please do so this weekend.
The Turkey Trot will be held at Eagle stadium on the Baldwin Street MS campus again. The date is Tuesday, October 28. Gates open at 4:30 and races start at 5:00. Early registration is done, but you can still register the day of the race. Shirts will only be available while supplies last. If you have any questions you can email Mrs. VanKoevering at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Nienhuis at [email protected]
News From The Art Room….Where’s all the art?!! Parents, we’d like you to know that we will be offering opportunities for you to pick up your child’s awesome artwork this year. Our first art pick-up will during conferences in November. Visit the Georgetown Art Blog for more information!
Mrs. Brouwer & Mrs. Persch
News from the PTC….
- The next Marco’s Pizza night is on October 15! Mark it on your calendar!! : )
- You are invited to Urban HayDay on October 18 from 11am to 5pm. This free festival will take place at Gemmens and the Farmer’s Co-Op and will offer hayrides, live music, pumpkin carving, line dancing, a rubber chicken launch, farmer’s market and craft show, kids activities, and much more! New this year is the Hudsonville Pumpkin Race. You are invited to enter your pumpkin racer into this fun competition. Just build a racer using a pumpkin and four wheels (not to exceed 20lbs or 2 feet wide) and bring it down to the races. Have your pumpkin racer checked in by 2:30pm and compete for the title of “Pumpkin King or Pumpkin Queen”. For all of the details about the pumpkin races and other activities, visit www.urbanhayday.com!
Boy Scout Registration Night for 1st Grade
- The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation’s largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. Scouting provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of citizenship, and develops personal fitness. The Scouting program is uniquely designed to meet the needs of young boys by offering fun and challenging experiences that boys and parents do together. Cub Scouting is led by the parents of the boys in the pack. Now is a great time for first grade boys to join and get started on the scouting trail.Sign up Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:00 p.m. Baldwin Middle School Cafeteria Registration Fee $25.00 Young boys grow up fast. Give your son a valuable gift by encouraging him to join Cub Scouting today. The time you invest in him today will make a difference in the person he becomes tomorrow.
- Come and support a local library and buy books at their used book sale! Gary Byker Memorial Library will have a used book sale in the basement of the library. The days and hours are as follows…… Oct. 16 from 10:00am-8:00 pm, Oct. 17 from 10:00am-5:00pm, Oct. 18 from 10:00am-1:00pm.
- FREE FOOD DISTRIBUTION…..Thursday Oct. 23, 2014 from 6:00-7:00 pm. Hudsonville Congregational United Church of Christ and Sunrise Ministries are partnering with Feeding America West Michigan to provide free food to those in need. This will take place at Hudsonville Congregational United Church of Christ, 4950 32nd Ave. Hudsonville. There will be a large assortment of food, consisting of fresh seasonal produce and other quality items.
District Change to make on your calendar….
We have made the following revisions to our 14/15 calendar in response to a late change in the State’s 2015 Spring Assessment Schedule:
• The PD/Records Day originally scheduled for March 6 will be moving to March 9.
• High school second trimester exams will be given on March 5 and 6.
• Friday, March 6, 2015 will now be a regular day of attendance for all Hudsonville students.
• Students will not report on Monday, March 9, 2015.