Class lists are available for you to view here: LINK to 2014-15 Class lists.
Our first day of school is 9/2/2014. The start times for each school in our district are below.
We have supervision on our playground beginning at 8:30 am. If your child walks or bikes to school, please make sure that they arrive after 8:30 am.
Elementary open houses (dates and times) are below the start times.
To find out about about school supplies, visit your child’s class blog to the left. Classlists (student/teacher match) linked here.
ELEMENTARY OPEN HOUSES: Three Different Nights
Please turn your summer library books in on Tuesday, 7/29/15 between 10-12 pm. New books will NOT be checked out. This is a day to turn in your books.
Mrs. Reagan and the summer library team
Our district newsletter for the summer of 2014 is available to read. This summer issue contains important dates/information for the start of the 2014/15 school year.
We would love to have you visit the library today…and on any of our open days this summer. All days are listed below. Our final open day is July 29 — the day when all books are returned. We hope to see you this summer!
Today was our first open summer library. We had many families come to Georgetown between 10-12pm to check out books. Remember, the library will be open on Tuesdays through July 29. Please be sure to visit us!
If your child has changed grades and you no longer and you wish to unsubscribe from one class blog and subscribe to another how do you do it? It is simple … just choose one of the options below.
UNSUBSCRIBE: In your next email alert to a blog post, look for the following:
OR…open the MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS and follow the directions listed!
The last day of school is here…which means tomorrow is the first day of summer! Today your child will arrive home with some papers from school (possibly lots of papers). Some additional details below regarding end of the year reports:
- Report Cards: All K-5 report cards mailed after school today (unless you asked to have your child’s report card sent to you by email — an option provided by some teachers).
- Next Year’s Teacher: Recorded on your child’s report card. No changes to teachers allowed. Class list development has taken place for the past five weeks. See above for when to expect report cards.
- Class Lists: Posted on the blog (top section between BUS PASS and DATES/FORMS) on June 13. Reminder: NO changes made to class lists. Many, many hours have gone into creating these lists with input from parents and close examination of student needs, class composition, etc. If your child did not get the teacher s/he was hoping for, I ask that you be a positive role model by assuring your child that the teacher they have for next year will be just right for next year. I have learned that often any anxiety that children experience about a new teacher during a new year is reduced when a calm, assuring parent puts them at ease. Thank you for your help with this in advance.
We have had a few changes in our teaching staff for the 2014-15 school year. All of the teachers listed below are excellent and bring a rich experiences to their grade level teams. The changes are as follows:
- Mrs. Wert (formerly our cognitively impaired K/1 teacher) will be teaching pre-kindergarten.
- Mrs. Bast (formerly our reading teacher) will be teaching first grade.
- Mrs. VanKoevering (formerly a first grade teacher) will be teaching second grade.
- Mrs. Quigley (formerly a second grade teacher) will be teaching fourth grade.
- Mrs. Walenta (formerly a fourth grade teacher) will be teaching fifth grade.
- Finally, an 11th hour change in staffing: Mr. Bialochowski will be teaching 6th grade science at Riley Middle School. Mrs. Ball, formerly a middle school media specialist and an expert in teaching reading & writing, will be teaching 5th grade. Her blog will be available for parents to view later this summer.
I will keep the blog up to date throughout the summer months. Have a wonderful summer. The new school year will be arrive before we know it!
Today we are celebrating all of the readers in grades 2-5 who participated in Reading Counts through quizzes, book blogs and RAZZ kids this year. Each time readers made their reading goal, their names were entered into a drawing for a Target Gift Card and ONE IPAD MINI. So here are the winning readers………
Mrs. Greenlund—–Caleb VanderLugt
Mrs. Kuieck—–Kamryn Brewer
Mrs. Quigley—–Milena Sremba
Mrs. Ray—–Jae Vanderbeek
Mrs. Flory—–Jayda Kerns
Mrs. McDonald—–Talia Delinck
Ms. VanArkel—–Kaycie Lawrence
Ms. VanderStel—–Nicholas Weiss
Mr. Bowen—–Harrison Jones
Mrs. Huizenga—–Ava Ham
Mr. Kooiker—–Ryan Gharajanloo
Mrs. Walenta—–Aidan Dandurand
Mr. Bialochowski—–August VanDam
Mrs. Burdis—–Hannah Applebee
Mr. Gort—–Greydan Overweg
WINNER OF THE IPAD MINI: Elizabeth White in Mrs. Kuieck’s class.
The first week of June this year brings the final week of school. It seems like the year just began and we are already wrapping it up with celebrations and farewells for summer.
We are wishing farewell to an amazing 5th grade class. They will be missed — and they will also be a great addition to the Baldwin Middle School 6th grade team. This class will continue to demonstrate their strengths in kindness, compassion, leadership and knowledge throughout their time in the Hudsonville School system. They will each individually contribute a great deal to our world in their future years. I feel very fortunate to been part of their lives these past 6-7 years!
There will be some changes to the Georgetown staff next year due to the opening of the Early Childhood building in the fall (Early Childhood Special Education, preschool and daycare) and due to budget cuts that will impact programming and staffing at our school. More information about these changes will come next week once all the changes are finalized.
In our snapshot of events for this week, I also included opening events for the 2014-15 school year. These include open houses and picture day.
Please connect with our school over the summer via the blog and OPEN LIBRARY. The library will be open on select Tuesdays from 10-12pm for summer book check out. The schedule is below.
Finally, if you want to engage in a fun competition sponsored by our local BIGGBY COFFEE SHOP, go to their facebook page, find the post about voting for your favorite Hudsonville School and type Georgetown Elementary. The school with the most votes = free coffee for staff on the final day of school!
Have a great week….and a great kick off to summer. I will be in touch with you on the blog to remind you of upcoming dates for the 2014-15 school year. Thank you for all you have done to make this year one of the best ever at Georgetown!
Final Week of School Events to Know About