The cooler weather has arrived! It’s cooler in the morning and warmer by afternoon. This change in weather means that parents will now be questioning the location of clothing items. Don’t feel alone if you find yourself asking your child the questions below — from this point forward until the end of the year.
- “Did you leave your sweatshirt in your locker?”
- “What happened to that nice jacket I bought you for fall?”
- “What do you mean you can’t find your gym shoes or your boots?”
- “Have you checked the school LOST and FOUND for your lunch box, hat, coat, jacket, mittens, gloves, water bottle, coat, etc.?”
A few tips we would like to offer you:
- Put your child’s last name on their jacket, lunchbox, shoes, water bottle, etc.
- Send a bag to school with your child and require your child to return home with all the extra clothing items from their locker.
- Require your child to look at the LOST and FOUND. Write a note that is stapled to their agenda or folder that goes back and forth to school everyday. Put this same note in their lunch bag. BE A NAG–you have my permission. I have been on your side and nagging is one of my talents.
The LOST and FOUND is located strategically between the classrooms and the library. All coats, sweatshirts and jackets are on hangers. We sort them by color (a trick we have borrowed from Salvation Army). There are shelves below the hangers that we store items like lunch boxes, water bottles, shoes, etc. The children walk by this at least four times a day — everyday.
We have Locker and Desk Clean Out every 6 weeks. We want the lost items to make their way back home — and together we can make this happen!
The week ahead is going to be a busy one — the schedule is below. We have our first ALL SCHOOL JET’S PIZZA NIGHT — Tuesday and Wednesday. If you order a pizza, give Jet’s your child’s teachers name. The class that orders the most pizza’s will earn a class pizza party. This is an incentive we use to remind everyone to support our school — a portion of all proceeds goes to our Parent Club. The money supports the purchase of books and school events.
Have a great week!