Georgetown has been a hum of activity for the past four weeks. Mr. Rob, our SUPER custodian and his team of SUPER custodians have cleaned and polished every surface. They have also been busy moving teachers to new spaces and setting up equipment and furniture for learners of all ages.
During the open houses on Tuesday and Wednesday, visiting children and their families were able to see all the work we have been doing to prepare every single room for the new year. It was great to see all of you….and truly, we can’t wait to have the building filled with the buzz of learning and friendship again.
New this year:
- Sensory Motor Room located off the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room)
- Resource Room located in room 410 (next to the library)
- C.O.W. = Computers on Wheels (A laptop cart that will move from room to room to support learning through technology)
- ALL DAY EVERY DAY K with Mrs. Bohl, Mrs. Estefan, Mrs. Iwema and Ms. Yankee
- School Wide Focus on Hallway Climate: 4 S’s: Single Lines, Silent Walkers, Still Hands…and hopefully some Smiles
- School Wide Focus on Anti-Bullying: BE MORE THAN A BYSTANDER. Bullying will be defined and strategies for identifying and eliminating bullying will be modeled across all grades.
Subscribe to the blog to receive updates on these new initiatives, curriculum progress, important school events and Parent Club Activities. (Subscription in the upper right corner.)
Enjoy this video of photos for the week—district staff kick off, teacher training and open houses.
Have a fantastic LABOR DAY and we will see you Tuesday morning. The opening school bell rings at 8:45 am!