Being the tech geek that I am, one of my email subscriptions is to Google Tutor. This week I received a list of the 5 Hottest Educational Gifts for Christmas. I thought I would pass these along. And, Santa… if you happen to be reading our blog, please remember that I would love a Kindle this year. I think I have been extra good!
1. The Amazon Kindle Although not technically a “toy”, the Amazon Kindle is the perfect educational gadget for anyone age 12 and over. Download thousands of books directly to the Kindle and the fact that it cannot be used for anything but reading ensures your teen is actually expanding his or her literary horizon when they are staring at the screen. You can also upload PDF files, and stay on top of the news with the Kindle.
2. The Wii fit is a great gift for the whole family. The Wii Fit
can be used by anyone, with any fitness level and of any age, making it one of the best family gift
s! Not only can you learn from the Wii
, kids will stay fit, focused and active throughout the winter. This is the perfect holiday gift
that actually gets kids off the couch.
3. Lego Ultimate Building Set: the Ultimate creative and educational gift Lego sparks the imagination of all age groups
. Kids get creative, learn to play together, and learn to use their imagination when playing with Lego
. The Lego Ultimate Building Set
has all the pieces needed for hours of play time and lots of creative fun. Lego
is also one of those timeless gifts that everyone loves, and boys and girls alike have played with Lego
for a few generations. It’s a gift that lasts a lifetime, and that is also why it is in this list of favorites.
4. Playskool Talking Truck The Playskool Chuck my Talking Truck speaks over 40 phrases and words. It is the perfect gift to keep little ones entertained for hours, and help them practice their verbal skills. The coolest part of this toy is that it will start driving when it is called. It will talk when you lift his dump bed, press his bumper, or press the top of the truck, making play time discovery (and learning!) time.
5. Snapp Circuits SC-300 This toy isn’t just my favorite, it also has the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, was named the Dr. Toy 100 Best Children’s Products, and is among the Dr. Toy Best Educational Products. With Snapp Circuits you get over 60 parts that can easily snap together to create alarms, doorbells, burglar alarms, radio, and over 3oo other fun technology projects. Kids with a heart for tech will love this educational toy! It is without a doubt one of the best educational toys, for both boys and girls who like to create fun electronic projects. Although kids get to play with circuits and build projects, they can do this safely without a risk of injury. The toy comes with a manual showing how to create the 305 possible projects. This is definitely not a toy kids get bored with easily.